I made Gudeq and recently I made “Nasi Gandul”. Both of them need this kind of egg. I have not have any chance to write the recipe of both dish. But I will do it one day!
This time I will share with you how to make this brown egg. It is so simple and you can use this as a side dish. This kind of egg is very popular among Indonesian food.
Try it, you might like it 🙂
Brown Egg – Telur Pindang
- 6 Boiled eggs – peel the skin off
- 150 ml water
- 5 small red chili – OPTIONAL
- 4 tbs sweet soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- 4 shallots (small size)
- 3 cloves garlics
- 0.5 cm cutcherry /young ginger
- 1 cm turmeric
- a pinch of salt
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil. Saute the pureed ingredients until it smells nice, add in water, eggs, chili. sweet soy sauce and mix well.
- Let it boil and eggs become brown (not too long) and ready to serve.
Simple, easy and tasty!
Hope you will like it too 🙂
– The Lazy Mom –
2 thoughts on “Brown Egg – Telur Pindang”
I love seeing new things or new ways of making old things new and this recipe with the eggs is new to me. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah…. me too! I hope you will like it 🙂