The name sounds so unique, isn’t it?
At some places in Indonesia we call this Bala-Bala, meanwhile, in some other places we call this “Bakwan Sayur” or Veggie Pancake.
Again, this food reminds me to my school time long time ago! I love this too!
This is something that you can have it with your lunch or dinner but also you can have it with your afternoon snack, together with your tea of coffee.
Well, it contains vegetable, but still it deep fried food, don’t eat it too often, once in a time, is ok!
Do you want to try this?
As usual I want to share the recipe with you, so you also can try to make it your self!
BALA – BALA
- Cabbage (Thinly slice)
- Carrots (Thinly Slice)
- Bean sprout
- 100 gr all purpose flour
- 2 tbs corn starch
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp salt
- Cooking Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 coves shallots
- In a large bowl, mix well pureed ingredients, cabbage, carrots.
- Add bean sprout, flour egg, water, salt and mix well.
- Heat the pan, add cooking oil
- Take a scoop of the batter and fry it one scoop in a time until you finish all the batter.
- Fry until the color become yellow or golden.
- Ready to serve!