This is something that we sometime order when we go to Indonesian Restaurant. We like it because Egg and Tofu is always the best dish for us.
I made this on Valentine’s Day!
There are some preparations but it’s all worth it!
Do you want to try?
Tofu Egg with Peanut Sauce
Tofu and Egg Ingredients:
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 block tofu (cut into small pieces)
- 2 spring onion (thinly slice)
- 1 tsp salt
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 100 gram peanut (Stir Fry )
- 5 cloves garlics (Stir Fry)
- 6 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 100 – 150 ml hot water
- 1 tbs lime juice (from the lime itself)
- 5 Red chilli, Stir Fry (Optional)
- 5 sheets cabbage (thinly slice)
- Peanut (stir fry) – crushed.
- In a bowl, mix all the tofu eggs ingredients, mix well.
- Heat the pan, add cooking oil, fry tofu egg ingredients until it’s cooked, put aside.
- Puree fried peanuts and fried garlics.
- In a bowl, mix well pureed peanut garlics with all other peanut sauce ingredients (Not too watery and not too thick). Put aside.
- Boil water and cook cabbage. Put aside.
- At the end, Pour the peanut sauce on the top of the fried tofu egg and topping with cabbage and crushed fried peanut.
Tip: You also can us unsalted roasted peanut, it will save your time.
I hope you enjoy this! My family like it so much! And we had the left over peanut sauce to be eaten with crackers!
-The Lazy Mom-