I used to make the fried one and really want to try the bake one. Well, I just think that baking will be less oil.
Do you want try it? The preparation is so easy, you only need more time in baking but it’s all worth it.
Here is the recipe if you want to try it 🙂
Bake Crab and Eggs (Bake Fu Yung Hai)
Ingredients for Crab-Egg:
- 250 gram Crab meat (Cooked)
- Half Lime (take the juice)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 200 gram Frozen Mix veggie (or as per your preference)
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbs Corn Starch
- 1 tsp salt
- half Onion (diced)
- 2 Spring Onion (Cut small)
- Sesame Oil
- Cooking Oil/ butter
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 Tomatoes (cut into 8 and puree)
- 3 Cloves Garlics (Minced)
- 4 tbs Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Corn Starch (Dissolved in 5-8 tbs water)
- 4 tbs Sugar
- 500 ml Water (you also can use chicken stock)
Method for Crab-Egg:
- Pre-heat your oven at 350F
- Apply lime juice to crabmeat
- Heat the pan and add Sesame Oil, add minced garlics, and stir Fry crab meat. Put aside.
- Prepare any baking pan that you have (I use the round one) and butter the pan (Or using cooking oil, I use cooking oil)
- In a bowl, Mix eggs, veggie, stir fried crab meat, spring Onion, diced onion, salt and corn starch. Mix well.
- When all mix well, pour it into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Ready to serve!
Method for Sauce:
- Heat the pan, add cooking oil, stir fry minced garlics. Add pureed tomato and tomato sauce, mix well. Add sweet soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Add water/ chicken stock, mix well until it is boiling.
- Add Corn starch that has been dissolved in water, little by little until the sauce become thicker. Make sure it’s not too thick as well not to runny.
Conclusion, you can either pour all the sauce on the top of the Crab-Egg or you can cut the crab-egg into some slices and pour the sauce on the slice of crab-egg.
I hope you enjoy it just like my family enjoy it 🙂
Have a nice day, my friends!
-The Lazy Mom-