How lucky I was when I stayed near my cousin who is so good in cooking!
And she often cooked this for my family! (without anchovies).
And now I stay far away from her and this make me want to try to cook this dish!
Oh yes, I did it! My husband also enjoys it!
This more like side dish for your lunch or dinner!
Try it and I think you will like it too!
– Tempe, Peanut and Anchovies –
1 block of tempe (cut into stick shape)
1 cup small anchovies
1 cup unsalted roasted peanut (you can use raw peanut and fry it)
3 tbs palm sugar
1 tbs tamarind paste
2 bay leaves
1 cm galanga
50 ml water
1 tsp salt
5 tbs fried shallot (Using thinly cut shallot and fry)
2 tbs fried garlics (using thinly cut garlics and fry)
– Fry tempe until the color change to yellow/golden and put aside
– Fry small anchovies until it is cooked and put aside
– Fry peanut (if you use raw peanut) until it is cooked and put aside.
– Heat the pan and add cooking oil. Add bay leaves and galanga, mix for a while and add water, palm sugar and tamarind and salt.
– wait until it is boiling, add tempe, fried shallot, fried garlic, peanut and anchovies and mix well.
– Keep mix it until dry (no more water).
– Ready to be served!